As a university student, free time doesn’t really exist and sadly I don’t get through anywhere near as many books as I would like to in a year. For 2016, my Goodreads challenge was to read at least 30 books because that seemed attainable and I wanted to be able to complete the challenge (I did!). For the new year, I’d love to increase it but this is a much busier year for me than 2016 was and it’s probably best that I leave it at 30 and hopefully read more than that anyway.
I’ve compiled a reading checklist of bookish goals that I’ve set for myself and will be checking in throughout the year to see how it’s going. Hopefully I can keep on track!
2017 Reading Checklist/Goals
- A collection of short stories
- A self improvement book
- An autobiography
- Minimum of five new authors
- Reread an old favorite
- Read a book with the word ‘time’ in it
- A classic
- Decrease your TBR shelf
- Post at least 45 posts on this blog
- Give more books as gifts
- Don’t force yourself to finish books you don’t like
- Buy only the most interesting books you come across. No more meh books just because they’re books.
- Maybe get one of those books you can color the cover of yourself. Those look fun.
- Recommend all of the books.